Overland is seeking a Director of Client Development. This leadership position within the Client Development Department is responsible for leading the department to develop clients and industry partners and support “rainmakers” for the continued growth and expansion of Overland Partners’ service areas within Texas, throughout the United States and around the world.
The Department is organized between Sales and Communications. Sales currently includes two “Sales Area Specialists” who assist rainmakers in the pursuit of work in six “Areas” or market sectors: Urban Design; Commercial; Hospitality; Institutional (Health, Education and Human Services); Visitor Services (Museums, Environmental Centers, Worship); and Single Family Residential. Communications includes “Internal Communications” and “External Communications.” Communications oversees the work of outside consultants including graphic design, brand and story consultants.
There is the possibility of hiring other employees to complete the team in the Client Development Department.
- Lead the team in efforts related to client development; business development and communications
- Participate in the strategic planning for the firm with regards to how Client Development will support the goals and objectives of the firm
- Manage and grow Overland’s brand
- Coach “rainmakers” in the organization on pursuing and landing new work
- Develop policy for customer relations strategy
- Direct outreach to targeted private and public clients to create mutually beneficial relationships on project pursuits
- Conduct periodic meetings with Executive Team to update them on client development strategy and targets
- Locate and/or propose potential business by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Establish and maintain a beneficial network of relationships with current, past and potential clients, as well as with consultants
- Work closely with Sales and Communication team in the preparation of brochures, proposals, statements of qualifications, and other marketing deliverables from initial planning process through presentation development
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate specialized business development events to support Overland Partners’ strategic objectives
- Manage and develop Sales and Communications team (four personnel plus outside consultants) in the Client Development department
- Work with HR Manager to interview and hire future members of the Client Development team as needed
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the architectural industry
- Proven ability to build, develop and maintain strategic relationships
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Communications or related business degree
Qualified applicants will be evaluated based on their previous work experience, personal and professional references, and interviews.
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com