When the client, Juan Mario, was searching for property on which to realize his dream of building the world’s most sustainable resort, he happened upon a pristine jungle on the Pacific Coast of Mexico near Puerto Vallarta. He was so struck by the beauty of the place that he dove from his boat, swam ashore, and declared that this would be the site of the secluded paradise he wanted to build. Juan Mario’s dream became Imanta Resort and Spa, a luxury hotel that seems to grow organically from the soil of his paradise.
Where we came from. Where we’re going. The people we love along the way.
“What does luxury really look like for people who can go anywhere, stay anywhere?” asked Bob Shemwell, principal in charge. He concluded that it looked like connection with pristine nature. The kind of unspoiled riches becoming more rare every day. Harmonious, restored connection between man and nature would inevitably set the tranquil tone for guests of Imanta Resort and Spa.
of preserved wildlife habitat
- Condé Nast Johansens Award Winner 2011
- Robb Report, 7 Best Hotels in the World, Best of the Best 2011
- Robb Report, Earth’s Most Exclusive Retreats 100 Resorts
- Condé Nast Traveler, 124 Best Hotels in the World, Hot List, 2011
- Condé Nast Traveler, Gold List 2011
- Travel and Leisure, “Mexico’s New Hideaways,” March 2014
- Architectural Digest, “Idyll Worship,” October 2012
- Robb Report, “Best of the Best: Resorts: Imanta Resort Punta de Mita,” 2011
- In Circle Entrée, “Pacific Coast Contrast,” December 2011
- Conde Nast Traveler, “The Best New Hotels in the World,” 2011
- Forbes Life Magazine, “Best New Hotels,” October 2011
- Architectural Digest – Mexico, “Atraccion Magnetica,” August 2010
- World Leisure Jobs & News, “New Sustainable Resorts for Mexico,” March 2010
- National Geographic Mexico, “35 Hotels that We Love”
- Travesias, “Best Boutique Hotel in Mexico”
- Conde Nast Johansens, “Most Excellent Beach Resort in Mexico and Central America,” 2012
For more about Imanta Resort and Spa, visit their website at www.ImantaResorts.com